Monday, September 21, 2009

Blue Mountains photos





The first picture is a view of our third abseil from where we did our second abseil. Those are some people from our program that are about to head down the cliff. The second picture is a view of the valley from the top of the third abseil site - it was what we got to see as we free fell down 20 meters. The third and fourth pictures are just of the gorgeous mountains that surrounded where we were abseiling from.

I also forgot to include my "funny Aussie words" bit from yesterday's post. Here are some that I have collected since my last post before that:
-gaol - it's how they spell jail. It's pronounced the same, but spelled entirely differently. Apparently it's the Old English spelling or something.
-sultana - what they call raisins
-kerb - how they spell curb. I'm totally serious.
-clicking your fingers - snapping
-inverted commas - quotation marks
-full stop - period, like at the end of a sentence. Which isn't that weird, except when they are giving a web address, like google.com.au, and say www full stop google full stop com full stop au. so many unnecessary words.

And I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment